At Fields of Life, it is our passionate desire to see local partners and churches, throughout Central East Africa, strengthened and empowered to be the drivers of change in their own communities; so that children especially, are nurtured and developed to realise their potential by bringing hope and future to their nations.
Our Core Values
- God Led and People Centric: Where God is honoured in all that we do and people, regardless of race, religion and ethnic background are treated with respect, dignity and love.
- Community Orientated: A sense of belonging is nurtured across all operations of the organisation whereby all donors, volunteers, staff, directors, beneficiaries and other stakeholders feel part of the Fields of Life family and movement.
- Our ‘Can Do’ attitude to continually innovate and respond with creative solutions to opportunities and challenges that are presented.
- Good stewardship with the highest standard of accountability, transparency and integrity is upheld at all times to ensure effective management and governance of Fields of Life.
- Our Passion to be part of what God is doing in East Africa, striving for excellence in all that we do, while serving poor and marginalised communities.
- Joy: We also love that this journey is an adventure, one of joy and celebration that the Fields of Life family and community can live, share and participate in together
Click here to view our Statement of Faith
Fields of Life would like to make it clear that as an organisation we do not discriminate in any way on religious grounds to those within the communities where we work. Everyone, regardless of age, race, gender or belief system, is welcomed and warmly received through our quality education, water, sanitation, hygiene and enterprise programmes. It is our ambition to positively impact 500,000 of the most vulnerable and marginalised people by 2020.
Working alongside locally ‘rooted’ civil society organisations such as community based organisations, local government and the church allows Fields of Life to be attuned to local community dynamics and to help strengthen community relationships – an important aspect of sustainable development.