I AM GIRL is committed to ensuring girls are empowered to complete their education and grow into healthy young women.
JOIN WITH US TO CHANGE A GIRLS WORLD FOREVER.
I AM GIRL is a health education initiative which seeks to improve the attendance of adolescent girls in school. Our goal is to educate boys, girls, teachers, parents and community members on issues such as gender equality, menstrual hygiene management, gender based violence and child protection.
Furthermore, we are passionate about improving the personal hygiene and health of young girls. This involves the the provision of reliable water sources, improved washing facilities and also appropriate sanitary protection.
At Fields of Life, we advocate on behalf of girls to see changes in policies and practices. Ultimately, empowering and supporting vulnerable girls by giving them knowledge and skills to participate in their own development.
- Increase the rate of attendance and retention of adolescent girls and boys in schools.
- Improve the personal hygiene and health of girls and boys in schools through health education, reliable water sources, availability of sustainable and affordable sanitary protection and improved washing facilities.
- Reduce cultural barriers and taboos associated with poor menstrual hygiene management and gender based violence to enable girls to complete their education in a child-friendly, safe learning environment.
- Teach income generating skills such as tailoring and soap making.
- Implement Child Protection Policies across the Fields of Life school network and train all staff and school committees.
- Promote school feeding programme among primary schools to ensure all children receive one meal each day.
We believe now is the time to stand up for girls in East Africa!
Will you join with us to change a girl’s world forever? To find out more info please download the I AM GIRL Leaflet or contact our office by emailing [email protected]
Read stories in our Latest News about how I AM GIRL is breaking taboos and changing lives, creating new opportunities, developing IAG champions and also impacting men in Uganda.
You can also visit our new Gifts of Life shop and purchase an I AM GIRL Kit.
Support I AM GIRL