Fields of Life East Africa are seeking to find a Consultant to undertake an end of year project evaluation assignment.
With funding from Irish Aid, Fields of Life has been implementing a 1-year project (October 30,2017-October 29,2018) with the project goal being to alleviate education barriers hindering adolescent girls and other school going children from attaining their education potential in 8 selected primary schools in the 2 districts of Mityana and Mubende; called the I AM GIRL (IAG) Project.
The project’s specific result areas include; improved attendance and retention of school going children, improved personal hygiene, increased awareness on child protection and gender based violence and promotion of school feeding program. The project focus schools include; Kibaale and God Cares in Mityana as well as; Nakasozi, Grace Christian, Star Parents, St Joseph’s Kyanamugera, Mirembe-Agape and Mpanga Memorial in Mubende. The purpose of this assignment is therefore to assess the extent to which the project’s desired results have been achieved, so as to inform future programming in the same and related areas.
Under the direct supervision of the Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Manager, the Consultant’s key deliverables shall be;
- Inception report including; proposed methodology, data collection tools,schedule of field based activities and proposed reporting outline.
- Draft Evaluation Report– with presentation of preliminary findings to selected key stakeholders at half a day meeting organized by FOL either at its field based office in Muyenga or at central place in one of the project focus districts.
- Final Evaluation Report (with any Client’s recommendations or input from the stakeholders’ meeting incorporated) for approval, before final payment can be made.
The assignment is expected to be completed within 3 consecutive weeks from the date of signing the contract, in any case, not later than Friday, November 9,2018.
Click here to download the full Terms of Reference for the I AM GIRL End of Project Evaluation.
Interested Consultants should submit electronic copies of the following;
- Technical and Financial proposals (One document) including; proposed evaluation methodology, schedule of activities, detailed CV highlighting any relevant skills and experience as well as 3 work related referees and their telephone/email contacts. The financial proposal should be realistic/reasonable and in UGX.
- A sample of similar/related assignment carried out by the Consultant within the past 3 years.