The Peter Vardy Foundation, launched by Glasgow-based Peter Vardy Group, and Fields of Life are celebrating the success of the One Child campaign one year on.
We are thrilled to share a few highlights of this ground-breaking campaign looking back over the first year of implentation:
- Total Funding of £630,180.00
- Total beneficiaries c. 9,460 children both directly and indirectly
- Enrolment increased by 36.3% overall in 25 schools
- 6,027 children have received a new school uniform
- 727 children had school fees paid
- 4,650 children have benefitted from attending school and receiving a meal
- 2,570 textbooks provided to five schools
- 6,027 children have received scholastic materials
- Ten schools have been supported with agricultural programmes
- Supported CPD of 59 teachers in curriculum interpretation and implementation
- Awards gifted to 230 children in 17 schools to recognise best performance
- Awards gifted to 34 teachers in 17 schools to recognise best performance
- 1,568 community members trained in Child Protection
- 12 School Management Committees and Parent Teacher Associations trained in child protection and child rights
- 17 school leaders including Head Teachers received training in school management skills
- 151 teachers in 17 schools received paid incentives
- 97 adults from eight schools attended Teachers’ forums aimed at increasing enrolment, retention and performance
- 657 children in two schools received new laboratory equipment
- 25 schools in total benefitted from various interventions
This campaign has enabled us to change the way that we support the children, schools and communities that we work with. Providing them with the skills and tools to effect lasting change, improving the quality of education and ultimately transforming communities.
The One Child campaign has helped to educate thousands of children. For example, it has provided training for teachers, a meal every day, a uniform and scholastic materials – all in a relatively short period of time.
Therefore the sustainability and impact of this programme continues to grow day by day, car by car, school by school, child by child.
The Peter Vardy Foundation contributes £15 on each customer’s behalf for every car sold and also up to £5 for every car serviced to the One Child campaign.
Peter Vardy, CEO of Peter Vardy Group, said: “It’s a privilege to be able to work alongside Fields of Life on the One Child campaign. It’s unbelievably rewarding to know we are making such a difference to the lives of so many children who all deserve the chance to realise their potential and learn the skills needed to break the poverty cycle. Myself, and everyone at the Peter Vardy Group, look forward to continuing our work and further growing the campaign so even more children and communities can benefit.”
It is astounding to think that so many lives have been positively impacted by the generosity of the Peter Vardy Foundation and customers. Ultimately. the lasting impact on thousands of children in East Africa is incredible.